" A well governed democratic Government is one, which provides everything to
everybody. Only in such government, poor people can get all facilities on par with
the well to do section of population. "
Selvi J Jayalalithaa
Creating awareness on the Government schemes and achievements among the public,
making them understand the Government schemes and ensuring that the benefits of
the schemes reach the needy are the endeavours of the Directorate of Information
and Public Relations.
"The loveless grab all for themselves The loving give even their bones.”
The loveless are selfish but the loving risk their life and render service, says
Thirukkural. The Hon’ble Chief Minister Puratchi Thalaivi Amma who cares for the
Tamil language and the people of Tamil Nadu strives hard untiringly for the welfare
of the people. The Information and Public Relations Department acts as the eyes
and ears of the Government disseminating information on the activities and welfare
schemes of the Government among the public, acting as a bridge of goodwill between
the Government and the public.
The Department of Information and Public Relations popularizes the welfare schemes
and the benefits by various means.The Department endeavours
- To take the schemes announced by the Hon’ble Chief Minister and the Hon’ble Ministers
to the people through various print and electronic media.
- To create awareness on the schemes by organizing exhibitions and photo exhibitions.
- To publicize the development schemes through artistic and informative advertisements.
- To publish the schemes, developmental activities and achievements of the Government
in Tamilarasu and special publications.
- To honour freedom fighters, Tamil savants and eminent leaders by organizing functions.
- To honour the great leaders by constructing memorials so that the younger generation
emulate their great qualities.
- To produce news reel bulletins on the Government schemes and to screen them in rural
areas and theatres.
- To create future cine professionals by offering courses in technical aspects of
film and television production.
Thus the Information and Public Relations Department using the latest communication
technology creates a feeling of nearness and direct communication between the remote
villages of Tamil Nadu and the Secretariat.
"Get not discouraged saying ‘It’s hard’
Efforts will bring due regard.”
Keeping this in mind and following the direction of the Hon’ble Chief Minister Puratchi
Thalaivi Amma who works tirelessly to take Tamil Nadu to the forefront, the
Department of Information and Public Relations rejuvenates itself to achieve its