THAVATHIRU KUNDRAKUDI ADIGALAR MANIMANDAPAM
Kundrakudi Adigalar was born to Seenivasapillai – Sornathammal in Naduthittu near Thiruvaallaputtur adjacent to Mayiladudurai in Thanjavur. His original name was Aranganathan.
He used to get ‘Kaalana’ (Coin) from Advocate and Tamil Professor Sethupillai for reciting Tirukkural while he was studying IVth Std. Tirukural became his ‘Pothuneri’. After completing his education, he joined as Accountant in Dharmapuri Aatheenam in the year 1944. He learnt Tamil and became a Pundit during the period 1945-1948.
He became the 45th head of the Kundrakudi Thiruvannamalai Adheenam in 1952. He was called as Adigalar because of his service and also called by the name Kundrakudi Adigalar. “Arul Neri Thirukkoottam” emerged after the conference held in 11th August 1952. “Tamilnadu Deiveega Peravai” was started with the support of Government of Tamil Nadu in the year 1966 and was pled by Adigalar from 1969 to 1976.
“Kundrakudi Village Plan” is a result of his tour to Soviet Union in 1972.
Kundrakudi Adigalar Manimandapam was constructed at a cost of Rs.28.57 lakh at Kundrakudi in Sivagangai District and was inaugurated on 12.03.2001.